When you take a close look at any company, everything about them is defined in the missions that they pursue. At American Health Care Services, Inc., we know how well defined our organization is. In fact, we have specific goals that we work to achieve every single day that we provide services to our developmentally disabled residents.
American Health Care Services, Inc. has the following missions:
- Provide safe, stable and humane environment for our clients.
- Develop and administer programs that enhance the safety and quality of life of individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities with an emphasis on the restorative and establishment of competence.
- Facilitate independent living skills; social and recreational functioning, vocational pursuit and physical health that enable people with disabilities to have meaningful and productive lives as members of their families and communities in as normal a way as possible.
- Provide care that encourages a resident’s autonomy, respects a resident’s need for privacy and considers a resident’s preferences and choices.
- Provide care that is respectful toward the beliefs, interpersonal styles, attitudes and behaviors of residents and families of various cultures.
- Provide care in a setting that houses four or less individuals referred by District of Columbia Department on Disability Services with Axis I, Axis II, Axis III, IV disorders or any combination. The population we serve may include medically fragile individuals who are below the ICF/MR level of care.