In-Home Support services are provided by American Health Care Services, Inc.. A person is eligible for In-Home support services when living in one of the following types of residences:
- His or her own home
- The person’s family home, or
- The home of an unpaid caregiver.
In-Home supports services provide periodic support to assist the primary caregiver and/or enable the person to live independently and participate in community activities to the fullest extent possible.
In-Home supports services include a combination of hands-on care, habilitative support, and assistance with activities of daily living. In-Home support services include the following areas:
- Training and support in activities of daily living and independent living skills.
- Assistance in performing personal care tasks.
- Assistance with light household tasks specific to the needs of the person.
- Assistance with homemaking tasks such as food preparation and laundry that are specific to the needs of the person.
- Training and support on understanding and utilizing community resources.
- Training on, and assistance in the monitoring of health, nutrition, and physical condition.
- Training and support in adapting to a community and home environment, including management of financial and personal affairs, and awareness of health and safety precautions.
- Coordinating transportation to community events.